Most Viewed Videos

“President Biden said yesterday that his first year in office has been ‘a year of challenges,’ but he’d rather focus on the positives, like your Covid test.” — SETH MEYERS

“It seems like just yesterday our democracy was being held hostage by a cabal of obstructionists who didn’t want every vote counted. Oh, wait, that was yesterday.” — STEPHEN COLBERT

“A year ago, Biden pledged to address Covid, the economy, climate change and racial injustice. And good news — after 12 months of tireless effort, we’re all getting three free masks.” — JIMMY FALLON

“President Biden yesterday held a 1 hour 51 minute press conference. It was the first thing Americans actually wished Joe Manchin had stopped.” — SETH MEYERS

“A lot of people are disappointed with President Biden. His approval rating just reached a new low after his press conference yesterday. The press conference was a success in that he went nearly two hours without having to pee.” — JIMMY KIMMEL

“He promised no malarkey, but lawyers made him change it to ‘produced in a facility that also processes malarkey.’” — STEPHEN COLBERT

Source Article from https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/21/arts/television/jimmy-fallon-president-biden.html

Source Article from https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/05/23/biden-u-s-has-enough-vaccines-deal-monkeypox-outbreak/9889740002/

President Joe Biden said Saturday that he and the first lady were “saddened to hear two NYPD officers were shot last night — one fatally.”

“We’re keeping them and their families in our prayers,” the president tweeted Saturday afternoon

“Officers put on the badge and head into harm’s way every day. We’re grateful to them and their families for their extraordinary sacrifice,” he added.

Rookie NYPD officer Jason Rivera, 22, was killed Friday night and his partner Wilbert Mora, 27, was critically injured when they responded to a dispute in Harlem between a mother and son. Accused gunman Lashawn McNeil was shot by a third cop.

Source Article from https://nypost.com/2022/01/22/biden-offers-prayers-for-slain-injured-nypd-officers-jason-rivera-wilbert-mora/

NEW YORK — An unvaccinated Sarah Palin tested positive for COVID-19 Monday, forcing a postponement of the start of a trial in her libel lawsuit against The New York Times

The former Alaska governor’s positive test was announced in court just as jury selection was set to begin at a federal courthouse in New York City.

Palin claims the Times damaged her reputation with an opinion piece penned by its editorial board that falsely asserted her political rhetoric helped incite the 2011 shooting of then-Arizona U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords. The newspaper has conceded the initial wording of the editorial was flawed, but not in an intentional or reckless way that made it libelous.

U.S. District Judge Jed Rakoff said the trial can begin Feb. 3 if Palin, 57, has recovered by then.

Palin, a one-time Republican vice presidential nominee, has had COVID-19 before. She’s urged people not to get vaccinated, telling an audience in Arizona last month that “it will be over my dead body that I’ll have to get a shot.”

When he first announced that Palin had gotten a positive result from an at-home test, Rakoff said: “She is, of course, unvaccinated.”

Additional tests in the morning also came out positive, Palin’s lawyer told the court.

“Since she has tested positive three times, I’m going to assume she’s positive,” the judge said.

Rakoff said that courthouse rules would permit her to return to court Feb. 3, even if she still tests positive, as long as she has no symptoms. If she does have symptoms, she can be looked at on Feb. 2 by a doctor who provides services to the courts, he said.

Palin’s case survived an initial dismissal that was reversed on appeal in 2019, setting the stage for a rare instance that a major news organization will have to defend itself before a jury in a libel case involving a major public figure.

It’s presumed that Palin will be the star witness in the civil case. She’s seeking unspecified damages, saying the Times hurt her budding career as a political commentator.

In the editorial, the Times wrote that, before the 2011 mass shooting that severely wounded Giffords and killed six others, Palin’s political action committee circulated a map of electoral districts that put Giffords and 19 other Democrats under stylized crosshairs.

In a correction two days later, The Times said the editorial had “incorrectly stated that a link existed between political rhetoric and the 2011 shooting” and that it had “incorrectly described” the map.

The disputed wording had been added to the editorial by James Bennet, then the editorial page editor. At trial, a jury would have to decide whether he acted with “actual malice,” meaning that he knew what he wrote was false, or with “reckless disregard” for the truth.

In pretrial testimony, Bennet cited deadline pressures as he explained that he did not personally research the information about Palin’s political action committee before approving the editorial’s publication. He said he believed the editorial was accurate when it was published.

Source Article from https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/sarah-palins-defamation-suit-ny-times-set-trial-82438893

Ketanji Brown Jackson, 51, a former law clerk to Mr Breyer, is believed to be the top contender for the job.

Source Article from https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60149781

Coleen Haskell, a Predictive Services fire meteorologist in Missoula, Mont., said the pattern will feature “high-based” thunderstorms, with cloud bases 8,000 to 10,000 feet above ground level. This setup usually means any rain produced will evaporate before it reaches the ground, resulting in strong outflow winds.

Source Article from https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2021/07/18/western-wildfires-heat-california-lightning/

Families of the victims and supporters walk past a mural featuring the 14 victims holding crosses as they mark the 50th anniversary of Bloody Sunday on Sunday in Londonderry, also known as Derry, Northern Ireland.

Charles McQuillan/Getty Images


hide caption

toggle caption

Charles McQuillan/Getty Images

Families of the victims and supporters walk past a mural featuring the 14 victims holding crosses as they mark the 50th anniversary of Bloody Sunday on Sunday in Londonderry, also known as Derry, Northern Ireland.

Charles McQuillan/Getty Images

Locals in the city called either Londonderry or Derry, Northern Ireland, are marking 50 years since Bloody Sunday, in which British soldiers fired upon a crowd of protesters in what’s now considered one of the most pivotal events of The Troubles.

On Sunday, family members of those killed on Jan. 30, 1972, held roses as they participated in a walk of remembrance, according to the Derry Journal. Video showed hundreds of people walking through the streets, some holding images of those shot.

St Eugene’s Cathedral in Derry also rang its bells 14 times — once for each victim — at the time the shooting began, the newspaper reported. Thirteen people were killed that day and one man later died of his injuries. Fifteen others were injured.

A republican bandsman beats his drum as he takes part in Bloody Sunday March to Free Derry Corner.

Charles McQuillan/Getty Images


hide caption

toggle caption

Charles McQuillan/Getty Images

A republican bandsman beats his drum as he takes part in Bloody Sunday March to Free Derry Corner.

Charles McQuillan/Getty Images

“Today we remember all those who died or were injured as a result of the atrocity on #BloodySunday50, one of the darkest days for this island,” Irish Prime Minister Micheál Martin said in a tweet. “We also pay tribute to the families of the victims, whose dignity and persistence in the search for truth and justice has never wavered.”

The violence took place during a march organized by the Northern Ireland Civil Rights Association. A public investigation later concluded that British soldiers fired on the unarmed protesters even though none of those killed posed a threat to the soldiers.

People take part in a Bloody Sunday March to the Guildhall, as they mark the 50th Anniversary of Bloody Sunday.

Charles McQuillan/Getty Images


hide caption

toggle caption

Charles McQuillan/Getty Images

People take part in a Bloody Sunday March to the Guildhall, as they mark the 50th Anniversary of Bloody Sunday.

Charles McQuillan/Getty Images

The killings occurred during a period of increased tension between the Catholic nationalists who wanted Northern Ireland to become a part of a unified Ireland and the Protestant unionists loyal to the United Kingdom.

Bloody Sunday exacerbated hostilities and fueled support for the Irish Republican Army. Some 3,700 people died over the course of the four-decade conflict.

Prosecutors announced they were pursuing criminal charges against two British soldiers who took part in the Bloody Sunday shootings — known anonymously as Soldier F and Soldier B — but the cases were dropped last year.

“Walking shoulder to shoulder with the Bloody Sunday families. These families are courage and strength personified, they are an inspiration for those struggling for truth and justice in Ireland and across the world,” Michelle O’Neill, deputy first minister of Northern Ireland, said in a statement.

“We will continue to support their campaign for truth and justice,” she added.

Source Article from https://www.npr.org/2022/01/30/1076839081/northern-ireland-50-years-bloody-sunday